The Developer/System Administrator is responsible for the application
development effort at Whitman College. This position collaborates
members of Technology Services to provide an information technology
environment that is consistent with the goals of Whitman College and meets
the needs of faculty, staff, and students.
|PRINCIPAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITES/DUTIES
% of Time
- Participate in the application development effort at
the Whitman College. This includes analysis, design and implementation of
middleware integration applications.
- Manage the technical aspects of the Whitman College
- performing system administration for web application services.
- providing training and assistance to Web
developers on campus.
- participating in planning/designing of the campus Web
- Provide technical support and service calls to administrative
offices of the
- Participate in
- Planning, designing and implementing
enterprise web applications.
- Researching and recommending software and equipment
solutions for stated needs.
- the preparation and dissemination of information.
- Maintain professional contacts with other colleges,
associations, organizations and vendors concerning technology
services and equipment.
- Perform other essential duties and implementation of
projects as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Individuals must posses these knowledges, skills, and abilities or be able
to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential
functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some
other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary
physical requirements with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to
safely perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requisite technical skills in:
- advanced programming and system analysis.
- working with relational databases.
- Web application development.
- Strong service orientation.
- Strong team orientation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and
ability to establish and maintain cooperative and harmonious
working relationships with a variety of campus constituencies.
- A proven ability to make technical issues
and an ability to match technical opportunities to college goals.
- Preferred skills include experience in multimedia
production in higher education environment, ERP support,
Datatel/Envision programming, SQL query and report writing, Java web
computing, experience in user services in higher education and
experience beyond the minimum requirement.
- A bachelor's degree, two-year college degree plus
three years experience in relevant field, or five years experience in
- A minimum of three years experience in programming and systems
analysis, with a requisite level of technical expertise.
- Satisfactory clearance of background check required.