The Manager is responsible for the operation of Instructional
Multimedia Services, which includes support and maintenance of multimedia
classrooms. The Manager also participates in the operation of
Help Desk, and performs service requests. This position
other IT members to provide an information technology
environment that is consistent with the goals of Whitman College and meets
the needs of faculty, staff, and students.
PRINCIPAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITES/DUTIES
% of Time
(low 1- high 5)
- Manage Instructional Multimedia Services.
- managing and maintaining the IMS inventory.
- coordinating audio-visual and multimedia support for
- setting up and assisting with IP-based videoconferencing.
- training and supervising student workers.
- Install, manage, and maintain classroom multimedia technology. This
includes assisting and training faculty, staff and
students with the use of these
- Perform service calls as assigned.
- Participate in the operation of WCTS Help Desk.
- Maintain professional contacts with other colleges,
associations, organizations and vendors concerning technology services
- Perform other essential duties and implementation of projects
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Individuals must posses these
knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the
individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without
reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and
abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirements with or without
the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the essential functions of
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in:
- operation of microcomputer equipment and other
- the installation of microcomputer applications in a
- the use of common application software, such as word
processing, spreadsheets, and e-mail.
- the use of the Internet.
- consulting with users on various software, hardware,
and network problems.
- consulting with users on presentation technology, such
as the use of PowerPoint or smart classrooms.
- the use of databases for inventory control and
spreadsheet for reporting.
- Vision for and dedication to the role of multimedia
technology within a small college.
- Strong service orientation.
- Strong team orientation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and
ability to establish and maintain cooperative and harmonious working
relationships with a variety of campus constituencies.
- A proven ability to make technical issues understandable
and an ability to match technical opportunities to college goals.
- Willingness to work on evenings and weekends.
- An ability to perform manual labor, including heavy
lifting (30 lbs) regularly.
- Preferred skills include experience instructional
multimedia services; experience in supervision, including that of
student workers; experience in user services in higher education; and
experience beyond the minimum requirement.
- A bachelor's degree; two-year college degree plus
years experience in relevant field; or four years experience in
- A minimum three years experience in microcomputer user
support in a networked computing environment
- Satisfactory clearance of background check required.