The Telecommunication technician assists the
Telecommunications Manager in the operation and maintenance of the campus
telecommunication infrastructure, VoIP Telephone System, voice mail, network
infrastructure, and cardswipe system. As a member of Whitman
Technology Services (WCTS), this position collaborates with other members of
WCTS to provide an information technology environment that is consistent with
the goals of Whitman College and meets the needs of faculty, staff, and students.
PRINCIPAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES ||Estimate |
% of Time
- Assists and serves as backup to the Telecommuncations Manager in
- programming and maintaining the campus telephones and voice mail system.
This includes coordinating and/or performing the installation, maintenance and
repairs of telephone and network related equipment and cabling.
- programming and maintaining the cardswipe system for the campus.
This includes updating and applying patches to the server as needed.
- the setup and maintenance of related servers, routers, switches, modems, fiber
& copper connections, and other system & network hardware components.
- the troubleshooting of problems with the networking of student computers
in the residence halls.
| 75 % || 5 |
- Performs service calls for problems relating to network
wiring/cabling, telephone/voice mail, and the cardswipe system.
| 10 % || 4|
- Maintains records of repair, placement, and maintenance of equipment.
| 5 % || 3|
- Monitors the inventory of spare parts and equipment to facilitate the quick
repair of supported systems.
| 5 % || 3|
- Perform other essential duties and implementation of projects as
| 5 % || 3 |
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Individuals must be able to explain and/or demonstrate that they posses
the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of
the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other
combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical
requirements with or without the aid of mechanical devises, to safely
perform the essential functions of the job.
- An ability to operate personal computers, and demonstrate proficiency
in a networked environment.
- An ability to learn new technologies and assimilate new information
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in:
- trouble-shooting techniques and ability to read and interpret related
schematics and service manuals.
- the use of a variety of power and hand tools, cleaners and test
equipment related to the maintenance and repair of computer and network
- Strong service orientation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to establish
and maintain cooperative and harmonious working relationship with a
variety of campus constituencies.
- Willingness to work on evenings and weekends.
- An ability to perform manual labor, including heavy lifting (50 lbs)
- Preferred skills include experience with Cisco network devices with an
emphasis on VoIP, the ability to maintain records and inventories
in a technical office, and experience beyond the minimum requirement.
- Any combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge,
skills, and abilibies to perform the position's responsibilities and duties.
- Satisfactory clearance of background check required.